Guadalajara: the capital of culture, politics, history—and shopping!
This four-hour tour surveys the highlights of Guadalajara’s historic center and surrounding areas of interst, including
- The cathedral of Guadalajara, begun in 1561 and a mix of Baroque, Renaissance, Gothic, Byzantine, and Neoclassic archetectural styles
- The Palacio de Gobierno, including dramatic murals by José Clemente Orozco
- San Agustin church
- Degollado Theatre
- Mercado Libertad, a three-floor market
- Templo Expiatorio, a 150-year-old copy of the church of Notre Dame de Paris
- Glorieta Minerva and the arches of Guadalajara
- Los Cabaños, a150-year-old ex-orphanage that now serves as a cultural center, with many murals by José Clemente Orozco
Don’t forget that if you make any large purchases during the tour, such as furtniture or home decor items, José can ship items to anywhere in Mexico and can arrange shipping for any other destination.